The Lone Star Fellowship (Section Conclave) is an annual event where nine lodges from Gateway Region Section 2 (G2) get together for fellowship, competitions, and lots of fun while celebrating the traditions of the Order of the Arrow.
Arrowmen from south Texas have a blast participating in the numerous special events, games, over-the-top activities, fun, ceremony and dance competitions, awesome shows, LOTS of patch trading and so much more. Learn more about Section Conclave.
Full Weekend is $35 and includes admission to the full conclave program all weekend (Fr night through Sun. morning), four meals (Sat. breakfast, lunch, and dinner; Sun. breakfast), and an event patch.
Saturday only is $30 and includes admission to the full conclave program on Saturday only, two meals (Sat. lunch and dinner), and an event patch.
Register Requirement Paperwork More Information
About the Section
Gateway Region Section 2 (G2), led by its three elected youth officers, an adviser, and staff adviser, supports the nine lodges in its care. These officers answer to the Council of Chiefs, a body comprised of lodge chiefs, representing the nine lodges in our section: Aina Topa Hutsi, Colonneh, Hasinai, Karankawa, Tatanka, Tonkawa, and Wahinkto, Wewanoma, and Wihinipa Hinsa Lodges.
Our section, G2, strives to provide leadership, guidance, and tools to help our lodges in their day-to-day programs. It is responsible for bridging the gap between the National Committee and the lodges it represents. We also plan an annual conclave. A conference attended by over 500 Arrowmen who learn, compete, and create friendships. We also provide assistance to our lodges in the form of training and advice. The section may also plan training seminars, and promote the national program of emphasis.
Participant Packing List
- Field uniform (Scout uniform) and belt
- Activity uniform (Scout t-shirts)
- OA sash
- Sweater or light jacket
- Shoes (closed-toe) or hiking boots
- Cap or hat
- Pajamas or sleeping clothes
- Rain gear
- Swimsuit and towel
- Tent (check with Scoutmaster)
- Sleeping bag or blankets, sheet
- Cot or pad or air mattress
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Personal first aid kit
- Water bottle
- Sports drink powder packs for water bottles (not energy drinks)
- Backpack (day pack)
- Insect repellent (non-aerosol)
- Mosquito netting
- Personal medications: prescriptions (listed on medical form) and over-the-counter, in original containers
- Spending money for trading post (cash, debit, credit)
- Backup phone battery, rechargeable, fully charged
- Book of Faith
- Fishing pole (to catch bass, sunfish, bluegill) and bait (worms, corn, jigs, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, topwater lures); hooks must be barbless; catch and release only
*Mark all items with name. Electricity is limited.
Don’t Bring: Bikes, valuables, electronics (e.g., iPad), fireworks, sheath or hunting knives, pets, hammocks^ that hang from a tree, personal firearms and ammunition, jewelry, personal bows and arrows, bikes, generator
^Free-standing hammocks and hammocks with leave-no-trace straps can be used. Hammocks without leave-no-trace straps (aka., thin straps or ropes) cannot be used.
About Camp Strake
Camp Strake is a first-class, state-of-the-art camp at a rural site near the Sam Houston National Forest, close to the community of Evergreen.
Camp Strake is surrounded on three sides by the Sam Houston National Forest and has the Lone Star Hiking Trail close to one corner of the property.
Google Map Map Camp Policies
Camp Strake has 20 campsites with pavilions; modern restrooms and shower houses; climbing and repelling tower; zipline; an aquatics center with a swimming pool, lake, canoes, and kayaks; a shooting sports complex with rifle, shotgun, and archery range, including a sporting arrows course; and more.
About Camp Strake
Camp Strake is located on 2,816 acres between New Waverly and Coldspring near the community of Evergreen, Tx. Lake Livingston is 10 miles east of the property. The camp is a 1.5-hour drive from downtown Houston and close to I-45 and the Grand Parkway. Camp Strake is located at 2020 Camp Strake Rd., Coldspring, TX 77331(latitude and longitude: 30.608901, -95.230270)
Directions from Houston:
- Take I-45N to exit 94 (FM 1097) toward Willis
- Turn right onto Montgomery St. (.7 mi)
- Turn left onto Danville St. (360 ft)
- Turn right onto FM 1097 / Stewart St (9.6 mi.)
- Turn right onto TX-150E (8.8 mi)
- Turn left onto FM 945N (3.6 mi)
- Turn left into Camp Strake at the sign.