March 17-20, 2022
OA Trail Crew is an opportunity for Arrowmen (ages 14 and older) to provide service to the trails at Camp Strake and establish a bond of brotherhood with fellow Arrowmen. OA Trail Crew is modeled after the National High Adventure Base programs. It is also an opportunity to learn how to do trail and conservation projects. The trail crew activities develop leadership and planning skills for all those involved through cheerful activities and serves as a method to continue to grow the spirit of the Order of the Arrow.
The cost is $30 for the entire event (Thursday evening - Sunday) or $25 (Friday evening - Sunday) for just the weekend only and includes meals. There is no charge for Golden Ticket Holders.
Program and Schedule
Arrowmen will work on building the Lone Star Hiking trail connection, the trail to the OA ring, the trail to shooting sports and more.
What to Bring
- Copy of a current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record
(Part A & B for all Scouting events) for every participant
- Eat dinner before arriving
- Field uniform
- OA sash
- Work clothes and gloves (long sleeve shirts and pants)
- Appropriate clothes for the weather
- Water bottle
- Sleeping mat and sleeping bags (might be spending one night on the trail)
- Shower gear and toiletries
- Rain gear
- Hand sanitizer
- Day pack to carry personal items to work site
- Personal medications (must be listed on medical record)
OA Trail Crew will provide:
- Sleeping quarters (for 1st 25 registrants)
- Plenty of food